The Gnome in the Printer

He's back!  That nasty little guy that lives in my computer snuck over to my printer 2 days ago and has had a great time driving me nuts.   It's happened before. But each time I have a problem with the printer it's a different issue.  In fact I don't think the printer knows what's going on because it will give me several different error message in the course of a day. 
You'd think I'd know by now, but I couldn't help myself --- I click on "help."  Silly girl.  I have never, never, never,never,never got any help from "help."  Why do I think it would be different now.  The definition of insane, according to some who know, is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.  That would be me!
Between Con and I we spent 2 days trying everything we could think of to appease the printer gods.  New ink cartridge, old ink cartridge, align, realign, test, unplug, replug, internet help, printer off, printer on, computer off, computer on, swear, curse, eat a bag of cookies, threaten to buy a new one, and on and on.

Well, guess what.  This morning I turned on the computer and the printer started, grrr!  That's the good news. The bad news is that during the 2 days of screwing around trying to fix it, we had tried to print at least 20 times, none of which worked.  Forgetting to clear the print queue, I now have 20 copies, "high quality print" no less, of wastepaper.  I was so surprised that it started printing that I sat staring at it for while. I dismissed the idea of trying to cancel the print jobs because I didn't dare wake up the nasty gnome who obviously is now done with my printer and has moved elsewhere in my computer.  It's only a matter of time before he shows up again.  In the meantime, I've got some printing to do, quickly.

But first, I'm taking 5 minutes with my lavender eye pillow. Lavender aroma summons relaxation and a sense of well-being, which I really need right now.  I've probably described it before, but olfactory nerves are activated by the aroma which gives me a physical reaction of pleasure and muscle relaxation. Just inhaling the fragrance provides a moment of pleasure anytime, anywhere. It may be hard to control air and noise pollution (and the gnome in the computer), but with my handy lavender sachet nearby, I can control the aroma that surrounds me.                                                                                 1/19/11

No comments:

Post a Comment