Last Rose of Summer

11/9/10 Yellow Roses
I went to Angie's house Tuesday to put some pea gravel on the lavender plants ... so they can snuggle in for the winter.  They look really healthy so I think they'll make it through the winter just fine.  That is, if the cat stays out of the planter beds. Ang is going to put another litter box outside and see if the cat gets the message.  If not, it may be bye-bye kitty cat.  I've sprinkled cayenne pepper around the beds but I'm not over there enough to know if it makes a difference.  So far so good. 

As I was leaving, I clipped the rest of her roses. A few were buds that probably wouldn't have had time to open with the temps dropping lower each night.  The rest were already open and a few turning brown at the edges.  I put them in a glass of water on the counter and the buds bloomed.  They'll probably last a few more days and then rose season is over for the year.   I think yellow roses are the prettiest. They, like lavender, lift my spirit.

LAVENDER SACHET SALON is Wednesday, Nov 17th at my house.  Please stop in between 4:00  pm and 6:30 pm and browse.  I have some Christmas items and am making more each day.  It will be great to see you so come on over.  Email me if you need directions    aboutlavender@yahoo.com    11/13/10

No comments:

Post a Comment