1st year
       What a great time at the Lavender Sachet Salon on Wednesday afternoon.  It's so good to chat with others who are interested in lavender. Many people are surprised to know that I grow the lavender myself in my yard.  My friends, Susan and Judy, helped greet guests, show them around, and wrap up their purchases.  The kitchen was set up with refreshments and some people lingered and chatted over a cup of tea. Sales went well and I got a few tips about other lavender-filled items that customer would like to see.  

      Several "Master Gardeners" stopped by. Although I have no desire to be a MG myself, I always enjoy talking with those who love gardening so much that they continuously try to learn more. You can find info on the program at   http://www.coopext.colostate.edu/TRA/PLANTS/Lavender_Project.shtml.  While you are there, click on The Lavender Project.  Kathy's fact sheet is an excellent and comprehensive resource for beginning lavendeers (how do you like that - I just coined a new word)!  Also look at Swift's Gardening Blog http://swiftsgardeningblog.blogspot.com
    Many people have told me that they have a plant or two in their yards that gets ignored because they don't really know how to make it into a showpiece. So it's nice to be able to have some great resources here.  I always encourage people to go to the Lavender Association website (www.coloradolavender.org).
       I'm onto another sewing frenzy since I sold most of my eye pillows and neck wraps already this month.  I want to get a lot done because family is coming from Longmont on Wednesday for Thanksgiving and then more family will get together on Sunday.  
     Thanksgiving has always been a nice holiday for me. I have happy childhood memories of my dad fixing the turkey and us kids tearing the bread apart for the stuffing and then lots of family and friends sitting down to dinner, and the kids complaining that they had to sit at the card table. These days, Con and I enjoy creating a memorable meal for others. The Thanksgiving Day meal lends itself to several courses, savoring the aroma and tastes, with lots of talk and laughter and love.  We have so much to thank God for.  I wish you a happy and blessed Thanksgiving.



No comments:

Post a Comment