Finally ... Last Lavender of 2010


Royal Purple last of the season 10/31/10
This is the last of the lavender that will be cut. It's over for this year. This is Royal Purple and what a beautiful plant it is. Very deep purple and plump buds. I went outside Saturday to be sure all of the plants looked healthy before the weather turns cold and noticed a few lavender stragglers. There are still some trying to bloom -- don't they know it's time to quit?  The flowers in the photos are from the 16 plugs that we planted on the east side of the house in August - less than 90 days ago!!!  I laugh to think that people were doubtful that lavender would grow here in Grand Junction. 

I'll hang these flowers to dry out and then clean them to put in sachets or pillows.  The aroma is outstanding.  There are a few dried bundles in my closet that are ready to be taken down and cleaned today. 

It's been a wonderful lavender year for me. There were enough flowers to fill all of my sewing projects this year and I still have some Christmas sachets to make for a couple of craft fairs in Nov & Dec. I've been so blessed to find this work at this stage of my life. God is so good to me. Best of all, I'm having fun.
PS: See my Lavender Sachet Salon sales schedule on the right side of this blog.
I am posting new photos to the PHOTO pages. Take a look.                     (11/1/10)

1 comment:

  1. Nice pics of lavender mom. The plants at my house look healthy & still have a few stalks, I will cut them if ok. Also the water has been shut off & lines blown out Sunday. Prepping for winter-yuk

    ReplyDelete