I'm Soooooooo Disorganized!


4x6" drawer pillow set

I can't find anything these days without moving something.  When did I become so disorganized?  All About Lavender is doing well with many custom orders in process for Christmas gifts. It is so nice to be able to make lavender things for people.  I love meeting and talking with people and seeing them happy with their purchase.  And the sewing is fun - I learn new things all the time.  You know what is the hardest part of sewing for me?  Threading the needle in the machine. I change thread often in the course of a day and have to use one of those little threader thingys. It is an extremely useful item but I still have to aim and hit the needle opening.  I know there are new sewing machines out there with "automatic" threaders -- they keep calling to me. So I think, well maybe I'll look into one of those machines. But then I see that there are machines that cut the threads for you ... boy would that save buying thread at $3.49 a spool (buy local)  not to mention the inconvenience of clipping threads with the scissors (now where did I put them)?  And the threads sticking to my fingers and dropping in my lap. And don't wear cordouroy pants while sewing -- every piece of lint is to be found snuggled in welts giving me that "don't you ever wash those pants look."  But I digress.

When Con comes home I'll ask him to take down the 2 folding tables that are still in the living room from last week's Salon. The bedroom/office has an open space in the middle but everything that I unpacked from the LAWC Christmas Fair sits in stacks around the room waiting to be put away. One corner of the kitchen table still has the bowl of pins and price tags and other little stuff awaiting attention. There is not a piece of wood to be found in the dining room (where I sew) because everything is covered with fabric and items for my projects. Well I am worn out just typing about it, so I think I'll warm up my lavender neck wrap, pour a cup of coffee, sit down and  read the newspaper. Ha, ha, ha                                                           12/7/11
 

No comments:

Post a Comment