Christmas

 Merry Christmas to you and thanks to God for Jesus' birth.  Here are photos of my Christmas decorations. The photos are terrible, but the trees are quite beautiful. Although the tree gets put up and taken down, the lights on the artificial palm and the huge tabletop arrangement stay and get used  throughout the year. I also put a small white tree on either side of the front door, one has gold ornaments and the other has birds.  I can't get a good photo because the light from the windows puts the trees in too much shadow. If I remember I'll try to photo them at night. 

 My friend, Yvonne, puts up over 400 pieces (snow babies, Hallmarks, etc) throughout her house and several trees. It's breathtaking but all I can think of it how long it must take to put it all away. She just takes her time and enjoys it.  Ellen has a huge array of old-fashioned Byerly (sp?) dolls that she spreads around  her house and it is fabulous to see. I set out my four nativity sets, put a candle centerpiece on the table, and call it good! 

December has been a great month. It began with the Annual Lavender Association Christmas Fair.  It so nice to see and talk with the other members. Marianne was interested in the lavender-filled Cozy Coasters that I had pictured on this blog. Unfortunately, I had none to show. She was interested in coasters that had sheer material on one side so that the lavender buds would be visible (like the PillowCase Liners -- fabric on one side and organza on the other.)  But in experimenting with organza for the coasters, it quickly became obvious that the fabric is too slippery to use.  I could picture setting a cup of hot coffee on the coaster and see it slide off the table -- not good.  I can't think of any fabric that would have a bit of "grab" to it and still be able to see through it.  

I had a great show at a friend's home plus several custom orders. And now I'm done for the year. This is my "do nothing" week which means there's nothing that I "have" to do. So I read, sleep in, eat junk, putz around in my slippers, surf the web and just be a general slug.  Love it.  Happy New Year.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for experimenting, sorry that won't work...

    ReplyDelete