The Little Lavender That Could .....

 
4 11 12 looks like a goner after transplant

Greetings all you lavendeers!   I'm one of those women who likes to move the furniture around and create new looks.  But I've taken that skill (it is not an obsession, regardless of what some people say) into the yard.  I like to move plants if they are looking a little weary.  What I have found - actually something we all know -- is that lavender must have a lot of direct sun each day.  This poor little guy, for instance, looks pretty sad because while small it seemed to be far enough away from a tall evergreen to get full sun. 
But as it grew larger (and the evergreen spread a bit more) it fell into a shadow for much of the day.  So I moved it  to a sunnier spot.  It looks pretty sad but I think it will be ok. 
                    
Below, a month later, you can see the green on the tips and June 2 looking greener.
5 22 12 a month later seeing some green
6 2 12  determined little critter


THE MORAL OF THIS STORY IS
"NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER GIVE UP!"  
                        (Paraphrase from a world famous speech. Do you know who)? 

 

 
Today 6 12 12  it's blooming - purple flowers.
I'll cut out the rest of the dead wood and see what happens next. 








2 comments:

  1. Hi Mom,
    I have a spot for 2 more lavender plants if you have a couple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a matter of fact I do. I'll get them to you.

    ReplyDelete