Handbag - Smells So Good!

3 views of Handbag #1                    8 6 12
Yesterday I started on my first handbag project. Since I don't often use a purse, I don't really pay much attention to them. But while surfing the web (looking for something of which I have no recollection) I came across the DIY dish blog/website. Twin sisters, Kim & Kris do sewing projects  which they make look so easy. They are fun to watch - perky, cute and fascinating to see how exactly the same they are.  They were doing this purse and I decided to try it.

After 2 false starts (had to go back to their blog to review the steps) I ripped out what I'd done and began again. I've become very good at ripping. It turned out to be very easy to make. I added my own touch, of course, by putting lavender buds into the shoulder strap.  In addition to smelling lovely it gives the strap a bit of thickness to stay positioned on the shoulder.  This one made of green flannel and flowered cotton. It's fully lined with the same material and could be handwashed being careful not to immerse the lavender-filled strap.

It would be easy to put a closure button or snap on it, too.  What do you think?????

No comments:

Post a Comment