This N That on Friday March 11th - Remember to spring forward Sat.night.

The emails are flying back and forth and all around the members of the Lavender Association of Western Colorado (LAWC).  We are all pretty excited about the 1st Annual Lavender Festival in July and everyone is busy doing their part to make it a fantastic experience.  Email correspondence is a mixed blessing. On one hand it is a great time saver. It is nice not have meetings to attend to accomplish things. On the other hand, it is easy to miscommunicate when 6 committee members are trying to reach consensus.  I've had 14 or more emails running a conversation on one small topic.  Nonetheless, we worker bees get the job done. 

I think the temp reached 65 degrees today so I was outside checking out what needs to be done in the garden. The lavenders look healthy though some of the leaves are dry.  Digging my finger down a few inches into the soil assured me that they are still moist.  The soil in my yard is clay which does not drain well. That problem was corrected by amending the soil to get good drainage. Still it needs to be checked often to be sure that it drains well.  The plants over at Angie's house are in "Glade Park" soil which has a lot of sand  in it (that can drain too fast) so it was also amended to help hold the moisture in.    It is so enjoyable to play around in the garden on a beautiful day like today.  We are so blessed here in Grand Junction with great weather all year round.

After getting my taxes done, I'm back to sewing like a crazy woman.  Need lots of eye pillows, and neck wraps and pillowcase liners to take with me to Swedish Hospital in Denver where I'll have a booth for 2 days.  I hope it is successful because I really like the idea of being inside an air conditioned room with food and drink and bathrooms nearby  --much better than an outside booth in 90 degree heat and portapottys across the field. 

Namiste  (I'm back taking tai chi classes again). Namiste is so much more pleasant that "catch you guys later if you don't get  hit by a bus before then" (Detroit talk).

No comments:

Post a Comment