OMG IS IT, LIKE, SPRING OR WHAT?

Saturday was a magnificent day.  Crocus are blooming and everyone is outdoors.  Con caught spring fever and started building a floor for the storage shed.  Alan came over to fix some cracks in the ceiling and while waiting for the mud to dry he build a bookcase in the driveway. I found a good spot on the patio to do a little sewing outside. Our internal clocks go off at the first sign of spring and we just have to get outside with the birds and build, clean, or plant something.

The lavenders look very healthy and I can't wait to start cleaning up the leaves and junk that has settled over the winter.  I did give them all some water because the soil seemed dry even though we've had recent rain. I haven't mastered the "screwdriver" method of testing the moisture in the soil. You know, push the screwdriver down 5 inches or so and see what sticks to it.  Nothing ever sticks to mine even when the soil is damp. So I end up using the old fashioned "finger" method - perhaps it should now be called a "digital" method, ha!.  I won't trim the plants yet because we can still get some cold and snowy weather here.

Wish me luck because I'm sewing my first zafu meditation cushion. A friend mentioned that she uses one in her yoga work and so I thought I would try my hand at one.  I'm starting with a crescent pillow and should have it finished tomorrow.  I'll have her use it to test out its construction and make sure the seams hold well.  The buckwheat hulls used for filler will be mixed with lavender buds for a beautiful aroma.  Then I'll try making a zafu cushion and test it out before I make some to sell.                                                     3 16 11
Namiste    
                                                                                                  

1 comment:

  1. Nice pic of Con. Ron & I were out in my yard also. He is building me a raised bed (matches the lavendar ones). I have peat pot starters in my garage that are really taking off (veggies) which will go in the new bed. You'll be happy to know I was able to start the cantelope you like from cultivated seeds. I found someone interested in sharing the booth. Do you have a flyer & vendor app I can get to her?

    ReplyDelete