Lavender Association

Do you know about the Lavender Association of Western Colorado?   In 2009, a group of  local "lavender lovers" planted a demonstration garden at the CSU Extension Office to see what types of lavender would grow here. These visionaries saw the potential for lavender to become a viable "cash crop" for growers and the affiliated industries that would develop.  Thus, the birth of the L.A.W.C.  http://www.coloradolavender.org/.

Around that same time, I had decided that the lavender plants in my yard should be put to use.  The purple flowers are beautiful and watching them sway in the breeze is a vision of glory to me. And the aroma is heavenly.  Lavender's calming effect on my central nervous system and the mood-lifting quality of the aroma convinced me to produce spa products. By sewing sachets and filling them with my fresh lavender, others could benefit too.  Thus, the birth of "All About Lavender."

In my next post, I'll share some of the background and uses of the age-old herb that are still valid today.

No comments:

Post a Comment