Springtime in the Rockies

What a difference 5 days can make!
Last Thursday I thought it was time to clean out the yard and get ready for planting.  It's so easy to get spring fever even thought EVERYONE says don't plant until Mother's Day.  Here's evidence of why that is the motto.  Woke up to snow this morning ... heavy, wet snow. Con had a tray full of annuals, including tomatoes, and decided to get them into the screen room close to the house.  Good thing.  Tonight he unhooked  the hoses that he hooked up last week.

I attended a short program on lavender today at the Botanical Gardens. It was presented by Kathy Kimbrough, www.gardenscentsations.com who is the past president of the lavender association and an enthusiastic Lavendeer.  There were many other Lavendeers in the audience ... we are always ready to pick up a new little piece of information about our favorite plant.  I took a few photos of a pruning demonstration but can't get my camera matched up with my new Windows 8 computer ... don't get me started on THAT topic!    
The last class I lead at Shabby Chic Boutique www.shabbychicgj.com where I have my shop was fun.  So I have another one planned for early May.  If  the interest is there I'll do more.  They are only an hour or hour and fifteen minutes so they are easy to squeeze in to a busy day.  And classes are small so we have time to discuss and have fun. 
I finished 6 pretty new Neck Wraps and will take them to the store tomorrow.  Will try to get photos on here for you to see them.  Bye for now.                       4/17/13  




No comments:

Post a Comment