Friday Night Sales Event - Fun

The photos at right are of some of the neck wraps that I sold Friday at an art show event for the local Counseling and Education Center. A portion of sales went to CEC, an agency that is valuable to our community. I took 2 photo's of my "booth" which was a 6' table covered with a cloth. I try to arrange items so that the table looks attractive and so people can touch the products.  It may look good to  me but when I look at the photos, it looks pretty sloppy.  I'll have to get some help in that area.

So many people appreciate the beautiful fabrics that I use. If you can see the photos here, one neck wrap is made of a pale green crushed velvet with the other side a rich gold satin with a brown swirl pattern to it. It is beautiful.  Another is an Asian print of branches on a cream colored brocade background.  And a pale blue crushed velvet on one side has a deep brown satin fabric on the other.  With the cold weather around the corner I thought people would like flannel so I made some neck wraps in a flowered flannel.  They all had matching eye pillows but I sell them separately because some people want only one or the other, not both.

I enjoy showing my wares but what was really fun for me was to see many people that I haven't seen in years. Some of us go back 20 years or more when I first came to GJ and worked for the National Council on Alcoholism. At that time I was very involved in the "non-profit" community and so got to know many wonderful people. Many of us are now retired from that line of work and it was nice to have a little time to chat with friends and acquaintances. As I am now in the "wisdom years" as one gal put it, the value of relationships is so evident -- it is really all that matters.    10/24/11


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment