Tons of New Fabric

       JoAnn's Fabric store is closing here in GrJct and the store if full of great discounts.  I absolutely HATE to shop and yet there I was amidst the throng.  My "what I really need list" was a life-saver because when there are 40, 60 and 70% sale signs everywhere, it is very distracting. 
       Being ready to take my sewing up to the next level, I'll be using brocades and satins for the eye pillows and neck wraps. I purchased a lot of beautiful fabric at 70% off. Wow!  There is enough fabric on some of the bolts to make eye pillow, neck wrap, small pillow (10x14) and lap throw (24x30").  That will make a very nice "set."  Drawer sachets and hanging sachets could be made to match also.  Arranging it all in a pretty basket with a bow should make a very nice product. 
       I made my first lap throw with some curly fake fur on one side and a patterned knit on the other side.  Haven't yet decided how to fill it with lavender or how much to use.  It is too big to just fill up even if I make pockets. Perhaps sewing alternate 2" wide rows would work.  Only one way to find out-just do it!  Next project is a "set" using the deep blue Asian pattern satin.  So pretty and, can you believe, washable! 7/29/10

No comments:

Post a Comment